|NPCA - National Peace Corps Association
- National Peace Corps Association
NPCA's online website: a place for people who value the Peace Corps to reconnect and work together toward a more peaceful and prosperous world--new logo (at right) too!
Particiapte in a wide variety of activities and social interactions. People, activities, pictures, blog, news, groups, videos, links.
- Check site index at bottom (sometimes way down) of NPCA page --a quick way to navigate the site
- As an member -- sign on at main page -- connect and help plan all that NPCA does
- As part of SDPCA Group on NPCA Community (below)
Once you are a member, go to the SDPCA Group and
at +Join to join the group.
- NPCA Community: (also called Connected PC)
A new "look" for NPCA Community of: people who value the Peace Corps to reconnect and work together toward a more peaceful and prosperous world. Join in here or just browse with: RPCVs, PCVs and friends of the PC idea. Join online groups; look for others in your area, or other areas.
- Peace Corps Polyglot: News Archives
NPCA's blog; news for and about PC Community
- NPCA Global Educaton (used to be Global TeachNet)
Bringing the World home to the US Classroom: curriculum and reference materials about world cultures for the classroom.
• Global Ed Gateway: Links to websites with information and resources on specific global issues
• Classroom Materials: ways to connect a classroom to global community
• Millenium Development Goals: List from National Council for Social Studies - Millenium Goals (11/15/09)
• Student Opportunities: Opportunities for students outside the classroom
• Teacher Professional Develoment: Resources for continuing education, networking and professional development
• Newsletter: This education newsletter is a quarterly teacher resource from the global education networks of NPCA and ASCD
- NPCA Advocacy Network Advocacy network page
- SDPCA Advocacy Action Planning:
- July 16, 2014
- San Diego has five representatives in Congress. As the NPCA Advocate here in San Diego I am planning to make an appointment to meet with each of our representatives in late August/early September. The goal will be to urge all of them to support strong funding for Peace Corps, but more importantly to remind them that we as RPCVs live in their districts and that Peace Corps continues to be a priority for us.
- I need a few people from each district to be at those meetings as soon as I have them. If you are not sure who is your representative, here they are:
- Darrell Issa — 49th District
- Duncan Hunter — 50th District
- Juan Vargas — 51st District
- Scott Peters — 52nd District
- Susan Davis — 53rd District
- Look for an email from me later this summer, or better yet, email me and let me know you are ready to join me.
Marjory Clyne email@example.com
- Newsletters..To submit news to NPCA: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access earlier newsletters as well. as Subscribe here.
- NPCA E-Newsletter monthly
News of NPCA
- Global Ed Newsletter quarterly.
News of global issues for classroom and community use.
- NPCA Advocacy News periodic emails
Action alerts and news on legislation affecting PC community
Other NPCA Connections
Organizes and supports expansion of the Peace Corps, to double its current size. Includes re-evaluating its definition and structure.
Join the forums and join in the discussions!
Quarterly articles of interest to RPCVs about US and World-wide activities. Online version; printed version available to NPCA members / subscribers.
...Subscribe | Teaching Guides| Back Issues
Peace Corps Wiki
Like an encyclopedia, you can simply search an entry, read it and edit it., You can add a new entry if you wish. At PC Wiki you can take part in adding to recording the history of Peace Crops: country information, programs, groups, whatever ou feel relevant to complete the story of our experiences.
The work of a social entrtreneur–someone who recognizes a social problem and uses entrepreneurial principles such as resourcefulness and collaboration to organize, create, and manage a venture to make social change.
...Podcasts | Ashoka.com | .Social Edge
- Social Edge (A Program of the Skoll Foundation) is an online community for philanthropists, nonprofit professionals, and the business community to network, learns, debate, inspire, and share expertise and resources.
- Global X-Interviews
Descriptions and connections to 40+ video podcasts with leading social entrepreneurs as they tell Global X stories that had a significant impact on their lives. They also describe how they see the world in 2017. Added to weekly. 3 to 7 min video. RSS subscription feed.
.....Video: online or on iTunes (free video podcast–Non-profit-Social Edge)
Charity Watch - "Helping you to give wisely to charity"
The American Institute of Philanthropy (AIP) is a nationally prominent charity watchdog service whose purpose is to help donors make informed giving decisions. Information on some 500+ charities, topics, how to give wisely and more.