Module 9: Interactive Animation
Introduction: Animation and Interactivity
Educatorsólike us, in schools and government and business organizationsólook to multimedia to make content interesting and to help learners comprehend.
Computer animation can aid learning in many content areas, including math, science, art, and foreign languages. Computer animation is useful when folks neeed to see concepts or perform actions that can be difficult to see or do in real life. In this tutorial, we will discuss interactive animation, look at some different types of interactive animation, value some of the advantages of interactivity, and try out the Cognitive Interaction Model.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Define interactive animation
- List some of the benefits of interactive animation for learning
- Describe several types of interactive animation
- Design an interactive animation
- Identify examples of regular and interactive animations
First, let's review what we mean by "animation" and "interactivity."