"Please Note: This is the syllabus for last year's course. EDTEC 561 is undergoing significant revisions and the new syllabus will be available on August 26.
The tools listed below will assist you in completing the projects for this course.The delivery platform for the final project will be an Internet web site. You may use the html editor of your choice, but here in the department we currently use Macromedia Dreamweaver.
- Video editing software: This will depend on your project (live action or animation) and your platform (Win or Mac). We'll discuss this in the course.
- Adobe Flash Player A free
Web browser plug-in that will enable you to take part in live video or audio "WebCasts" or
view archived video or audio posted on the course site.
Test your connection now before you need to use it for a live webcast.
- Acrobat Reader A free standalone application and Web browser plug-in that enables you to read Adobe Acrobat files. We'll use a number of such files during the course.
NOTE: If you are planning to use the trial versions of the software, please take into consideration when you plan to use the software since most of the trial versions are only active for 30 days from the download date.
- Adobe Flash Access additional information and the latest features of Adobe Flash.
- Adobe Shockwave Download Shockwave in order to view Director movies in a Web browser.
Purchasing Academically Priced Software
To purchase academically priced software from the SDSU bookstore, you will need:
- Proof of enrollment such as an SDSU receipt for tuition or a student ID card
- Identification such as a US drivers license or international passport
- Credit card such as VISA, Mastercard, or Discover
Please fill out the phone order form (pdf document) and fax it to (619) 265-7504. You can either fill out the form in Acrobat Reader and then print it or print the form and then fill it out.
You can also purchase software at academic prices from Adobe and from other vendors.
Here's a useful list of free and commercial productivity software (eveything from word processing to video conferencing) for folks who don't have big organizational license budgets: