At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify various kinds or types of media resources and discuss how they can be integrated effectively into the learning process - with participant's content areas(s) specifically emphasized.
- Employ technology to collaborate and communicate.
- Use software tools that will enhance teaching and facilitate learning in the classroom.
- Use technology in instruction to develop/promote students' higher order thinking skills.
CCTC Program Standards
Students apply the following components of Program Standard 5 - Pedagogy:
- Grow and improve in their ability to reflect upon and apply the California Standards for the Teaching Profession and the specific pedagogical skills for subject matter instruction beyond what was demonstrated for the preliminary credential.
- Utilize the adopted academic content standards and performance levels for students, curriculum frameworks, and instructional materials in the context of their teaching assignment.
- Use and interpret student assessment data from multiple measures for entry level, progress monitoring, and summative assessments of student academic performance to inform instruction.
- Plan and differentiate instruction using multi-tiered interventions as appropriate based on assessed individuals, academic language and literacy, and diverse learning needs of the full range of learners (e.g., struggling readers, students with special needs, English learners, speakers of non-standard English, and advanced learners).
- To maximize learning, create and maintain well-managed classrooms that foster students' physical, cognitive, emotional, and social well-being.
- Develop safe, inclusive, and healthy learning environments that promote respect, value differences, and mediate conflicts according to state laws and local protocol.
- Use available technological resources fluently and critically to assess, plan, and deliver instruction so all students can learn.
- Enable students to use technology to advance their learning.
- Follow applicable technology policies when implementing strategies to maximize student learning and awareness regarding privacy, security, and safety issues.
Students apply the following components of Program Standard 6 - Universal Access:
- Instruct special populations using adopted standards-aligned instructional materials and resources (e.g., assistive and other technologies).
- Based on assessed student needs, provide accommodations and implement modifications.
- Recognize student strengths and needs, use positive behavioral support strategies, and employ a strengths-based approach to meet the needs of all students, including the full range of special populations.