Hsin-Hwa is a foreign student from Taiwan. She enjoys learning new experiences in the United States and studying new educational technologies at SDSU. Her career goal is to help make learning more effective and more efficient for children in Taiwan.
Instructional Objective The learner will be able to categorize the Bible's sixty six books by placing them in correct order under appropriate titles.
This card game would be used by the student after memorizing the order of books in the Bible. Several games would be managed by the church's education department and available for any Sunday school teacher or church member for review purposes.
1. Pick someone to be the first dealer, and place the Bible Books Rummy Board where all players can reach it.
2. Deal 7 cards to each player, starting with the player to the dealer's left. Put the remaining cards in the middle, face down.
3. Each player arranges his cards in an attempt to categorize under eight headings:
4. Starting with the player to the dealer's left, each person plays his card or cards in correct order until he can no longer play or picks the top card and skips his turn for lack of the appropriate card. Once you pick an appropriate card, you can play it immediately. The title card must be placed first, then the remaining cards in each group can be played in order.
5. After the center pile is used up, each player must either discard or pass until all cards have been played.
6. The winner is the one who get rid of his cards first.
7. Play continues to determine correct order of all cards.
1. Blue Old Testament cards: there are forty three cards including four title cards.
* Under the title "Old Testament Historical Books", there are seventeen cards that follow.
* Under the title "Poetical Books", there are five cards that follow.
* Under the title "Major Prophetical Books", there are five cards that follow.
* Under the title "Minor Prophetical Books", there are twelve cards that follow.
2. Pink New Testament cards: there are thirty one cards including four title cards.
* Under the title "New Testament Historical Books", there are five cards that follow.
* Under the title "Pauline Epistles to Churches", there are nine cards that follow.
* Under the title "Pauline Epistles to Individuals", there are four cards that follow.
* Under the title "General Epistles", there are nine card that follow.
There is one Bible Books Rummy Game Board.
The board is divided into Old Testament and New Testament with blue and pink section. Both the blue Old Testament section and the pink New Testament section are separated into four blocks, one for each title card. Arrows indicate order in which title cards should be placed. As shown below:
Therefore, a group of people sounded better. In a group of three to five, each person has to handle his own cards as well as to supervise other players by judging their plays. This process can stimulate students to memorize the order of books in the Bible through competition.
In order to give the learner a clear concept about Old Testament and New Testament, I have divided them using two different colors. I use blue for Old Testament and pink for New Testament. The purpose is to allow learner to unconsciously separate the books in the Bible by associating each book with a color. I also used the grouping method to help learners recall the order more effectively and spontaneously.