1. Read Latin American Culture
2. Read Using Children's Books with Hispanic/Latino Characters, Latin American Culture, and Understanding Hispanic/Latino Culture and History through the Use of Children's Literature.
1. Focus on specific objectives and standards embodied in those objectives
2. Select one or two age-appropriate books
3. Study the lesson plan examples
4. Develop a thorough lesson plan paying particular attention to
1) learner involvement (i.e. what questions will you ask, what activities will students engage in?)
2) assessment instruments to determine competence level